In Brussels on the 7th of September? Make sure to participate in the climate change workshop our Vice-President Stanislas Dm is holding at the..
Which countries have the highest amount of high-skilled migrants? Have a look at this interactive map. The results might surprise you.
The New Europeans have started a bold new initiative and are calling for a #eucitizencommissioner. “An EU Citizen Commissioner is needed to build..
- European Elections: Liberal-Green Surge At 90s Level Turnout May 27, 2019By Dominik Kirchdorfer. Originally published by Euro Babble in seven languages. The European elections are over and the results are a spectacular surprise. The final results will be published in a few days, but while parties might gain or lose a few points, it won’t affect the overall seat allocation in the European… […]
- What goes around – Circular economy takes the centre stage in European climate action April 17, 2019By Otto Ilveskero Two weeks ago, a washed-up carcass of a whale was found on the coast Sardinia, Italy with 22 kilograms of plastic waste in its stomach. The gruesome discovery was yet another indicator for why tackling plastic waste has taken the centre stage of the EU’s environmental action, with the new single-use plastic… […]
- There is a new political cleavage and the EU-China Summit proves it April 11, 2019By Dominik Kirchdorfer For years now, we have seen the effects of a new political cleavage that has long overtaken classic struggles, like owners vs. workers, which are still ingrained in most our minds as the core elements of the left-right division. We have seen election after election prove this over the last few years,… […]
- The Swedish elections: a matter of political culture. September 26, 2018By Riccardo Grisanti The Swedish election results may seem shocking at first glance, but in reality polls had predicted a surge for the Swedish Democrats, the right-wing eurosceptic and anti-immigration party and member of the ECR. In fact, they did not surge to the extent we all thought. The Swedish Centre-left and centre-right have resisted… […]
- Weg von der pessimistischen Nabelschau September 4, 2018Von Karl Aiginger und Philipp Brugner Migration wird heute nur als Problem wahrgenommen. Bei anderer Betrachtungsweise wird sie jedoch zur Chance auf einen Strategiewechsel – für die Europäische Union, besonders aber auch für Österreich. Wer die Medien verfolgt, glaubt, Europa habe momentan nur ein Problem: Migration und wie man diese durch Militär und abschreckende Aussagen… […]
- Italy – Populism Strikes Back March 14, 2018By Dominik Kirchdorfer and Riccardo Venturi In 2016, Brexit and the election of Donald Trump in the US caused a hysteria, with some people fearing populists would continue to gain ground; completely unopposed. Last year, those same people did a one-eighty turnaround and suddenly were proclaiming the victory of pro-Europeanism, as Rutte, Van der Bellen… […]
- Austria’s New Government – The Heart of Europe becomes its Crucible December 28, 2017By Hannah Fuchs and Dominik Kirchdorfer The political prodigy Sebastian Kurz (ÖVP, EPP), the youngest chancellor in Europe, and his vice-chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache (FPÖ, ENF) form the new government of Austria. It is an exceptionally young government, both in terms of the age of the Chancellor and in terms of the years of political… […]
- Österreichs Neue Regierung – Vom Herzen zum Schmelztiegel Europas December 28, 2017Von Hannah Fuchs und Dominik Kirchdorfer Das politische Wunderkind Sebastian Kurz (ÖVP, EVP), jüngster Kanzler Europas, und sein Vizekanzler Heinz-Christian Strache (FPÖ, ENF), bilden die neue Regierung Österreichs. Es ist eine außerordentlich junge Regierung, einerseits im Sinne des Alters des Kanzlers aber auch gemessen an den Jahren an politischer Erfahrung, die die Verantwortlichen der… […]